Monday, July 27, 2009

How to Wear Oxford Pumps


@ Anthropologie

I bought a pair of grey Oxford pumps (from Alloy, I believe.) about half a year ago. I put them away and wore them once, but recently I got them back out. I had been unable to find an outfit to make them work with. It seemed like everything in my closet just looked silly with them! So here’s a guide to wearing Oxford pumps. You’ll be surprised..they can be worn with almost anything.

First off, there are so many forms of Oxford heels. They come in so many colors and styles. Almost all of them are lace-up, which, after all, is what makes them real oxfords. Check out places like Macy’s, Baker’s, and Piperlime to find a type of shoe you like.

I have found that Oxford Pumps go with many things. I’ve read that it’s poor taste to wear them with a skirt above your knee, but I disagree. I find the look of a skirt, leggings or no leggings, and a shoe that covers your foot to be rather cute. So, with the help of Polyvore, here’s a look to pair your adorable new Oxfords with.

I also enjoy wearing Oxfords with short dresses and tights. I feel that when they’re worn with a longer dress, it just covers up too much with the shoes and dress. They can be paired with many different types of dresses.

The third way I’ve begun to wear Oxfords is with skinny jeans. I feel that they look very classy with the proper outfit and incredibly stylish.

So have fun with your Oxfords..there are loads of ways to wear them. A nice pair is a good investment because they are more versatile and classic than you think. What do you think? Do you own any/what do you wear them with?

No comments:

Post a Comment